The City of Wagoner is currently looking to hire a qualitfied candidates to fill the position of Basic EMT and Firefighter.
General Description Administers basic life support care to the sick and injured in a pre-hospital setting as authorized by written protocol and directed by medical control in performing the following duties. Drive/transport patients in an efficient and safe manor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety.
2. Provides emergency health services to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, using the knowledge/skills unique to the requirements of each age group to ensure optimal patient care.
3. Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
4. Required to drive emergency vehicles in the performance of emergency services.
5. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
6. Enhances professional growth, and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, and workshops/trainings.
7. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
9. Assists in establishing quality levels and standards.
The following job duties may be reassigned:
10. Assesses all day-to-day activities to ensure continuous improvement.
11. Develops relationships with community agencies, groups, and professional affiliations as appropriate.
Physical demands: While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and occasionally required to smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS National registered and Oklahoma State EMT license, Oklahoma Driver License with an acceptable driving record., BLS, and EVOC.
Education requirements High school or GED, plus specialized schooling
DECISION MAKING Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor and of major importance.
Résumés are preferred. Applications are on-line (wagonerok.org) or at City Hall. Please submit resumes and applications in-person, by mail, email or fax to:
City of Wagoner
P.O. Box 406
231 Church Street
Wagoner, OK 74467
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer