The City of Wagoner purchased the Wagoner Light and Power Company in 1910 and began selling electric to the citizens of Wagoner. The electric generator facility was coal fired and was later switched to natural gas. The city continued to operate the electric facility until a contract was signed with the Grand River Dam Authority in January 1946 to deliver electric service to Wagoner. In July 1947 the switches were flipped and this began a long partnership with GRDA which continues to this day. The Grand River Dam Authority continues to update and upgrade its facilities to provide the most reliable and economical electric service to its customers and we are proud to partner with them in this endeavor. As a publicly owned electric company, the Wagoner Public Works Authority returns profits to the City of Wagoner each year which are used to support city services such as police, fire, streets, parks and cemeteries.
This department is under the direction of Eric Jones. E-Mail: email@example.com